fredag 17. april 2015

Everyday practical use of my RepRap 3D printer - Part 2

I've had access to a printer for several years now, and as I stated in the previous post about this, I've ended up using printer mostly for (or perhaps for mostly?) useful stuff around the house these days.

So here are - in no particular order - a few of the things you can make, if you have access to a 3D printer.


A clip to suspend a ceiling lamp.

Picture frame for Berry (from Clody with a chance of meatballs 2).

Cookie/cake cutters.

Custom made cup lid. (The green one).

Hook for trash can from IKEA.


I reused a model and printed more of these custom brackets I made years ago.
The magnetic knife holder had lost the end brackets, which we fixed.
I built a custom case for my computer to make it fit in an old desk. Of course I 3D printed a lot of parts for it, like the fan grille at the front. (Sorry about the dust, I really ought to clean it soon).

There is also a bracket to hold the DVD-RW in place, as well as legs to mount the hard drives. All custom made.


The old desk had a pretty smart way to lock all the drawers, but it was not very practical to have to unlock the drawers all the time. Thus I printed a wedge to keep the locks open.

And here's a new batch of filament from filament.no I'm going to try out.

Hope this inspired you to acquire and use a 3D printer on your own.
Feel free to ask questions, and have a nice day. :)
-Nudel

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar